In its new publication "Helping farmers understand index insurance: Guidelines for consumer education interventions", International Labour Organisation’s Impact Insurance Facility gathered lessons and insights from index insurance and financial education projects, as well as from the field of behavioural economics, and put together guidelines for index insurance education to support the industry. The Global Action Network to advance agriculture insurance (GAN) and the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) also contributed to the Paper.
Seven guidelines for index insurance education include:
1. Raise Farmers' awareness and build trust in index insurance
2. Use high-touch interventions to build farmers's knowledge of index insurance
3. Sell responsibly
4. Collaborate at the national and regional levels
5. Link education with valuable products available on the market
6. Establish an M&E strategy from the start
7. Pilot your intervention
Click here for the Paper.